1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Combine corn syrup, sugar, and butter in saucepan, bring to gentle boil, and continue to boil, uncovered, for additional 5 minutes.
3. Stir occasionally.
4. Allow mixture to cool slightly.
5. Prepare pastry and place into pie plate.
6. Place pecans along pastry shell bottom.
7. Combine eggs, vanilla and salt.
8. Gradually pour syrup mixture into eggs and mix well.
9. Pour over pecans (nuts will rise to the top).
10. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.