|1. In a large bowl, sift the flour, salt and sugar together.
2. Add shortening, and use your hands to create a mixture that resembles coarse crumbs. Do not over mix.
3. Add 2 tablespoons ice water. Work until dough comes together. Add more water, if necessary.
4. Form dough into a disk. Wrap dough in plastic wrap very tightly.
5. Refrigerate 30 minutes or more before rolling out.
6. On a lightly floured cutting board or countertop, roll dough from center out to a piecrust that extends out over a 9-inch pie plate.